Sunday 9 February 2014

WHY YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM SHADY DEALS

Wura and her mother are in the bedroom...Wuras’ tears are almost filling a bowl now. She sobs on.

Mammi - Wura, these tears would not bring a solution to whatever it is that is making you cry. No matter what it is...it has to be spoken in words. Speak my child, open up to me, I am your mother and I will not kill you. Wura, did your husband catch you with another man? Or does he have other children out there? Tell me Wura... What is it?

Wura - Mammi, If only it had to do with that, I would not be worried at all.

Mammi - Then, what is it? Please go straight to the point before you give me hypertension here.

Wura - Mammi, Dapo has brought trouble to our home o.

Mammi - How? What has he done this time? Ahh Dapo, ma pa omo mi fun mi- meaning...Dapo, do not kill my child for me.

Wura - Mammi, this Sunday, after church, we got home and everyone was tired and needed rest. Dapo got on the bed and slept off almost immediately.

Mammi - ok?

Wura - Then his phone started ringing. Someone kept on calling continuously. I don't usually pick his phone so I put it on silence and proceeded to Tade's room to tell him to iron his school uniforms now that the light was on and I made sure he started ironing the first shirt before I left his room. By the time I got upstairs Mammi, my husband's phone has rung eleven more times by same number. So I decided to call back at least to tell the person that my husband would call back when he is awake. Before I could dial, the call came in again from that number and I picked it.

Mammi- Yes, so who is that person that is calling as if he is being owed money or what kind of wahala is that? Its only doctors that I know are called like that...abi has Dapo become a doctor?

Wura- Mammi, the person started "Now you don't want to pick my calls right? You think you can make away with our money just like that?" You son of a bitch accountant. Now let me warn you...time for warning has passed. You have touched the tail of the python, so expect its venom" Mammi, at this point, I Screamed Yeee, Mogbe...Dapo...the man went on and said...’’Madam, I pity you and your only child’’

Mammi - Yee, mogbe, my only grand child. Ahh! What has your husband done?

Wura - Mammi, then I woke him and told him what just happened, he said I should ignore them, they are some of his greedy business associates and that they can't do anything.

Mammi - Ask him very well, let him confess what he has done and go and give them their money back immediately. Are you people not rich enough? Why is he owing somebody money?

Wura - Mammi, just yesterday the security man brought an envelope and it was addressed to me. So I opened it and guess what I saw Mammi.

Mammi - What's inside the envelope, tell me...

Wura- Two pictures of Tade...
Mammi- Yeee! Tade? Haaa. Dapo has finished me.

Wura- The first picture shows Tade arriving at school in the morning and the other one of the him entering the car after school.

Mammi- They are monitoring my grandchild? For what? What has he done to them? Give me your phone let me call Dapo right away.

Wura- Mammi, Dapo has switched off his phone for a while now, so that he cannot be reached. Mammi, they also added a short note saying "tell your husband to give us our money or say good bye to your son Olutade Oladapo''

Mammi- Screams...Haaa Dapo..Dapo has finished me.

Wura- Resumes her tears...
Now the bowl might just get filled as both mother and child are sobbing.

You have read it.                               
What should Wura do? Tell the police and possibly get the husband sacked and jailed? Or
keep quiet and risk their only son's death ?
When couples discover that their partners are into crimes, what should they do?

1 Timothy 6:9-10
But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs -

Bondedhome Counsellors, please advice Wura, her husband and every other couple who might be experiencing such.


Complains have reached us that commenting is difficult sometimes. This might be due to internet fluctuations or your device capacity. Please send your comments/name to zeesdiamond@gmail.com


Contact Us

All text on this blog are original work of bondedhome. Usage or re-print of any sort is not allowed without express permission from bondedhome admin.

Pix from


12 comments:

  1. I suggest the woman should withdraw her son from that school and unknown public, if possible, relocate him from their neighbourhood at least, for the time being...until things are back to normal. The boy ȋ̝̊̅§ innocent to loose his life for his father's sins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. valerie2:09 am

    @ chimobi I agree with you, I also think the wife shold find a way to make sure she gets to the root of the problem. She is a woman and I believe she has not done all within her power to know the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. iyanuoluwa7:10 am

    deals are dangerous my dear, please tell your husband to tell you the truth,I have seen people who are murdered in cold blood because of deals they did with some body or even people

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen philips7:51 am

    Hmmm, what some men do for money,my dear you better run for your head you and your son to an unknown place,because if you inform the police, they would even aid those people to pin you and your household down,so Run Run far way to avoid stories that touch afterwards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:48 pm

    Hmmm...I wish pple doing shady deals would realize that they are not putting themselves alone in trouble but the whole of their family. My advice is to withdraw the boy from sch for the main time. Then get ur husband to tell u the truth either by crook or by hook. If he is proving sturborn, do not hesitate to contact his extended family. This has to do with ur lives for crying out loud! If u r desperate enough, u can copy the number of the person calling in other to get d story. This is really serious. Zainab from Lagos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madam I would advice u get ur husband to tell u d whole truth there is more to the story he has just told u, even if u are to withdraw ur child from school it does not still secure ur child's safety as well as yours or u source for possible way to find out the truth before it is too late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. edmond2:05 am

    It's best to report the issue to your Husbands family like Zainab has adviced,or copy the number too, to get the story, truth is the number might even be hidden,all you need now is withdraw your child, its better to let the boy suffer repition in school than a dead only child, be wise better be safe than sorry...cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:33 am

    Running away is a good idea but how far and for how long will you keep running. Talk to your husband,make him pay up and withdraw. From such deals. But for the moment keep ur son away from school and keep an eye on him.

    Sirechimex

    ReplyDelete
  9. maduka7:48 am

    Woman, Run with your child and leave ur husband to face the music alone since he doesn't want to open up to you his wife

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, the Child must be withdrawn from that sch because you can never tell even if the man pays up leta, dey might still abduct the innocent child. Secondly, Report to the police. Finally the husband should jst come out and confess to the wife, let dem think of how to pay up the cash, for dia family's sake. Summary, the very should atleast try and stay away from Shady deals as the admin has posted. Happy BD yestady to Mrs Omoghene. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, the Child must be withdrawn from that sch because you can never tell even if the man pays up leta, dey might still abduct the innocent child. Secondly, Report to the police. Finally the husband should jst come out and confess to the wife, let dem think of how to pay up the cash, for dia family's sake. Summary, the very should atleast try and stay away from Shady deals as the admin has posted. Happy BD yestady to Mrs Omoghene. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:35 pm

    Since d guy refuse to open up,he shld face d music himself,meanwhile d wife shld relocate abroad wit d child since dey r rich n she can afford it...........

    Azzizat Akanji

    ReplyDelete